Saturday, April 18, 2009






Here I am again, 3 months later! We had our baby boy on March 18, 2009. He was 8lbs 1oz and 21 inches long. He is my life, I love him so much. It's been a very long month but one of the best in my life. Here is my labor story:


My water broke at 11:32 p.m. on March 17th, literally 2 minutes after I had got into bed. My mom was staying with us that night because I had been having contractions during the day and Mike thought it would be a good idea for her to come out just in case. Good thing because sure enough right after my water broke my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart for an hour so we left for the hospital. Let me tell you, that was some of the worst pain I was ever in! Once we got to the hospital they hooked me up and gave me something for the pain. It didn't help. I think around 4:30 or so in the morning I still hadn't dialated past 4 cm but they decided to give me an epidural any way. Thank God, however the lady who did it took forever and told me I had too much bone in my back, WTF?? How can a person have too much bone!? She finally got it in and my pain was basically non-existant at that point. Around 9:30 they wanted to induce me since I still wasn't progressing so the started the Petocin. Michael's heart beat was already really low at that point and the petocin made it worse so they stopped that right away. My doctor then told me they had to do a C-section to get him out because of the heart beat. So, they prepped me and took me in and an hour later, at 10:34 they showed me my baby! It was the greatest moment of my life. Nothing can prepare you for that emotion, it was so great!

I had to stay in the hospital for three days, which was good because I was able to get a little rest. We brought Michael home that Saturday and I haven't gotten any sleep since! It's all so worth it though. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.








2 comments:

Kristin- Stampin' Fanatic! said...

Yah!!! And update!

I'm pretty sure that is exactly why Trina got her C-Section.

And this is why I am terrified to get that Pitocin tomorrow... hopefully I progress since I am already 3cm dialted!

Love his pics and can't wait to see you guys. Once I have Gracie and get settled we'll pick a date to do lunch! :) Miss you guys so much!

katrinanicole said...

Yes...that story sounds very familiar. I didn't have the whole water breaking incident, inducing instead was my first step. The heartbeat was consistently a problem in the last week...and wouldn't you know, his cord was on his face! Poor little guy...

Anyways!! LAURA...great story! I'm so glad that you and Mike, and Mikey are doing well!!! I'm so happy for you all!! Take care, and I'm sure I will get to see you all very soon~~~

Love you!!